Tuesday, December 10, 2013

It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year....

I don't know about you, but I am definitely making my lists and I'm definitely checking them twice! This time of year always seems like such a whirlwind and I would love to just slow things down and enjoy these moments some more. I love, love, love this time of year....the holiday movies, holiday music, decorations and the overall feeling of warmth, joy and light. Makes you just wanna be with the ones you love...doesn't it? Hanukah has come and gone (wrapped up in the midst of Thanksgiving this year) and for our family it was an amazing weekend of family, togetherness, many celebrations (my father-in-law and nephew's birthdays) and lots of love. We hosted Thanksgiving at our house which was a huge success. I feel that the recipe for a fabulous holiday is keeping things simple, going back to the recipes that you know work and of course family teamwork...which fortunately for me, I had a lot of helping hands (thanks Mama)!

For those of you who are still doing your shopping, I'll give you my mini version of a holiday gift guide which include the top hits for my fam!

For the man in your life, you can't go wrong with a Patagonia vest...especially if they love hitting the slopes during these winter months. Greg loved his! 


Does it get any cuter than these glitter moccasin slippers from J Crew? Emma LOVED hers!


Jax's favorite gift this holiday season! If you have a 4 1/2 year old boy in your life who you love this is the gift to get! A double marshmallow shooter!

Zeke had 2 favorites...this amazing teepee from Land of Nod (one of my favorites) and his Mickey Mouse Clubhouse figurines...he is "Bapa"(his word for Mickey) obsessed!


Both my boys love, love, love this truck...


And finally, a gift I bought for myself...I just love it. Reminds me of my own strength, to be kind hearted and to listen to my voice within. (Purchased from a local boutique Curate in Millburn, NJ)



Which brings me to my next thought, which is resolutions. This blog began as part of a New Year's resolution I had for myself this year. It was almost a year ago that I finally had the courage to take this leap and write...to share myself with you. I will be honest and say I wish I shared more, wrote more, focused more...but hey, that's what this years resolutions are for! :) I was recently presented with an opportunity that made me think twice about my life, the path I'm on, the direction I want to go...and my wheels have been turning ever since. Life presents you with so many crossroads, some that make you act and some that just make you think. Either way, they are opportunities to stop and learn, change, grow...who you are and what you want. So I've been thinking....What do I want for myself as a wife? As a mother? As a friend? As a daughter? As an individual who is still learning about herself and discovering new things about who I am every day? I don't have all the answers just yet, but I do know that I am excited about the possibilities that lie ahead. I am grateful for the health and happiness that exists in my home. I am happy to be in this present moment, writing this blog, on this perfect snowy day when everything is covered in white. 


(An old pic but one of my faves...just pure happiness)




No comments:

Post a Comment