Tuesday, May 14, 2013

And the LIST goes on....

Okay...so I've been MIA for weeks. I could give you a long list of excuses, but let's face it...writing needs to move up on my list of priorities. The past couple of weeks have been one of those times where life just keeps on throwing curve balls and I haven't done such a great job of juggling so that none of them fall. I returned from my very relaxing and much needed Mexican getaway with my hubby to kids on spring break and an unexpected obstacle with our much loved Lab and first "baby", Zoe. But I promised I wasn't going to give my excuses, so to get back to the point...I made a list.

I don't know about you, but when life gets overwhelming and I feel like there aren't enough hours in the day, I always make a list. A handwritten list...with paper and a pen. Not a list on my iphone. Not reminders on my ical. A real list....and suddenly, everything seems possible again. There is something about writing a list the old school way that just feels good, but even better is crossing things off my list as they get done. My most recent accessory obsession for making lists are these amazing pads by russel+hazel. They are perfect for making a "to do" list and are self adhesive, great for hanging on the bathroom mirror or sticking to the dashboard of your car.

So here is my "to do" list this week


  • Can cross of #2!
  • Camp forms- The date to have these in always sneaks up on me and I always get them in under the wire. Okay...maybe late this time. Hope Meadowbrook forgives me!
  • Coop auction project- have to come up with something created by the kids in J's preschool to auction off to the parents at the end of the year. Anything you would love to have made by a bunch of 3 and 4 year olds? Ideas are welcome!
  • Thank You Notes J&Z- really past the deadline here...is it awful that their birthdays were over a month ago and I still haven't' written thank you notes? Don't answer that. How do you feel about electronic thank you notes?


  • E's bday party- She has decided for her 7th birthday she would like to have a roller blading party. Have to make sure I call the Florham Park Roller Rink where yes, I also had a birthday party as a kid!
  • Stella bday present- Any ideas for what a very special 7 year old girl might like for her birthday?
  • Land of Nod order- I've been eyeing nightstands for E's new room makeover (more to come on that at a later date) and some new bedding for J (for those of you who don't know...I have a little bit of a bedding addiction)
  • Email coop families- Met the new incoming families for the Millburn Coop Nursery School next year at tonight's meeting and thought it might be nice to send them a personal welcome email!
  • Cooking Club app- yes, i'm in a cooking club...and yes, I can't cook! This time around the app is getting bought (shhh! Don't tell)
  • Desk chair- Now that I have restored my old MacBook to working order I can finally take advantage of writing from my beautiful desk (but mine is mirrored not steel, from West Elm) in my amazing bedroom. There is definitely something to be said for the connection between your work environment and productivity (talk more about this later). Now I need the perfect desk chair. 

    My "happy thoughts" journal where I keep a running LIST of blog ideas from J Crew

    These amazing bookends (and many of the books) were bought at Shed in Maplewood...my favorite place to shop for everything in my home! Not to mention that the owner has become such a good friend!

    Artwork from Shed also!


What's on your "to do" list this week? Would love to hear! 

No comments:

Post a Comment